Microdermabrasion for acne scaring
Microdermabrasion is a painless, non-invasive procedure that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation to gently remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis. Most commonly, microdermabrasion uses two parts: an exfoliating material like crystals or diamond flakes and a machine based suction to gently lift up the skin during exfoliation. It is a non-invasive procedure and typically there are no needles or anesthetics required for microdermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking skin. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in saggy, uneven skin. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Indications of Microdermabrasion:
- Treat acne and post acne scars.
- Reduce age spots and black heads.
- Reduce hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
Microdermabrasion is exceptionally safe and is an excellent choice for patients who desire more subtle changes and wish to look their best shortly before an important event.